Homeowners Insurance in Pittsburgh, PA
Owning a home is a significant investment, but like many investments, it comes with risk. If something goes wrong at your property you could be left with costly repairs or replacements or even face a personal liability lawsuit. Homeowners insurance can help protect you from paying for these losses out of pocket.
Finding the right homeowners insurance may seem daunting. We’re here to help. Contact James L. Smith Insurance in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to learn more about our homeowners insurance coverage.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, also called home insurance, is a package policy that can help pay for property damage and provide personal liability coverage for you and your family. It is a legally binding agreement between you and your insurance company.
How Does Homeowners Insurance Work?
Your homeowners insurance policy can offer financial protection when the unexpected happens. In exchange for your premiums, your insurer will help pay for covered losses per your policy terms and limits.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Although every insurer is different, the following are some common homeowners insurance coverages:
- Personal liability coverage can help pay for expenses arising from allegations that you or your family caused third-party bodily injury or property damage.
- Personal property coverage can help pay for damage to your personal belongings due to a covered loss.
- Dwelling coverage can help cover the cost of repairs or replacements if structural aspects of your home are damaged by a covered loss.
- Other structures coverage can help pay for property damage to detached structures on your property from covered perils.
- Additional living expenses can help cover costs (e.g., meals, hotel stays) if property damage requires you to vacate your home temporarily.
Additional coverages may be available as endorsements to your home insurance policy. Contact James L. Smith Insurance for more information and to get a homeowners insurance quote today.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
You are not legally required to own home insurance, but it is mandated by many mortgage lenders to protect their financial stake in your property. Even when it is not required, however, you may choose to purchase home insurance to protect yourself from financial hardship.
How Do I Buy Homeowners Insurance?
We’re here to help. Contact James L. Smith Insurance to speak to a homeowners insurance agent and learn more about how we can protect your home.