What type of coverage do you need?
Share | | RSS Google RSS

James L Smith Insurance Agency Blog

View the latest blog posts from James L Smith Insurance Agency.

Am I covered by my personal auto insurance if I drive for Uber or Lyft? Ride-sharing companies provide taxi-like services by connecting passengers to drivers via a smart phone app. Rides can be arranged in advance or on short notice. The official name for a ride-sharing business is a Transportation Network Company (TNC). READ MORE >>

Full Tort vs. Limited Tort What's the Difference Between Full Tort and Limited Tort? In Pennsylvania an insured is given a choice when purchasing car insurance. Full Tort is what every driver has automatically under the law in Pennsylvania. Simply put, you have the right to sue the at fault party for your injuries. READ MORE >>

6 Steps to Take Immediately Following a Pittsburgh Auto Accident I called my daughter recently and when she answered the phone she said “Hold on, I just got into an accident and the other guy is looking at me. I don’t know what to do.” I tried to give her quick instructions, but she hung up after a few seconds. READ MORE >>

NO. Although they offer to, technically they cannot because they are not the “Named Insured” on the policy. Only the “Named Insured” on the policy can make changes. If we get calls from dealers we will verify with the client that they have in fact, traded in or purchased a new car. READ MORE >>

Should I have an Umbrella policy? The typical personal auto insurance has limits of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident. Most personal auto insurers offer maximum limits on their policies of $250,000 per person and $500,000 per accident. A serious auto accident can have damages which far exceed the limits of your personal auto policy. READ MORE >>

For certain categories of personal property (jewelry, art, antiques, and others) a basic homeowners policy has limits on how much it will pay, as well as what conditions of loss or damage are covered. A quick review will tell you if you need a rider for your more valuable goods. READ MORE >>

Market Value vs. Reconstruction Value Ensure that your homeowners policy limits correspond to the cost to rebuild in case of a natural disaster, whether it is a wildfire, hurricane or flood. Unlike a home’s resale value (which includes the cost of the land), the cost to rebuild is based on the amount needed to hire a contractor plus building materials and other additional costs. READ MORE >>

Blog Archive
  • 2019

View Mobile Version

Our Customer Feedback

Our latest blogs

  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
James L. Smith Insurance
© Copyright. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder