General Liability Insurance in Pittsburgh, PA
As a business owner, you must do everything you can to protect your investments. One of the most impactful ways to protect your business is by having general liability insurance.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance is a policy that helps protects businesses from third-party liability and/or property damage claims. Without general liability insurance, a business may have to pay for potentially costly claims out of pocket.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance has four major areas of coverage, which include the following:
- Third-party bodily injury coverage may help pay for medical bills if someone is injured in your place of business.
- Product liability coverage can help pay for costs associated with selling a product that injures a customer or causes damage to their property.
- Third-party property damage coverage may help pay for expenses if you or your employee damages someone else’s property.
- Libel, slander, copyright and advertising injury coverage may help cover defense costs if you are sued for harming a third party’s reputation or making false claims.
How Much General Liability Insurance Do I Need?
The amount of general liability insurance coverage you need depends on a variety of factors, such as the following:
- Type of business
- Size of your business
- Location of the business
- Number of employees
- Experience level of your employees
In short, the more potential risks your business has, the more coverage you may need.
When Is General Liability Insurance Required?
A business is not legally required to have general liability insurance, but it is recommended, especially if any of the following is true:
- Your business is open to the public
- You visit, work on or work near your client’s property.
- Your business has marketing or advertising collateral.
- You use social media for professional reasons.
General Liability Insurance Quote in Pittsburgh, PA
If you want to learn more about general liability insurance, contact James L. Smith Insurance Agency. We will help you find the coverage you need to stay protected from the unexpected.